Tuesday 10 September 2013

Race for Life July 2013

 My Race for life in the town where I live was unreal!

It was the hottest day of the year so far and our town park was a sea of pink. One of my best friends and I turned but at the park around 10ish and I have never seen the park that busy, whole families and friends there to support each other run the 5k Race for Life for Cancer Research. 

We did a huge group warm up with all the race participants with a local Zumba fitness group, we were told inspirational stories from people in treatment as well as remission- all of it was truly humbling and my friend and I had huge tears in our eyes!

We set off at 11 as scheduled and we decided to go in the jogging group as the heat was already wearing us out and I am not known for my running abilities if I'm honest! It was great reading everyone's tabs to see who/why they were running the Race for Life. All ages, sizes, abilities....and lots of different outfits! One person was dress in a fluffy Pikachu outfit, I was only in shorts and a crop top and I was sweating like mad so I don't know how they did it. 

We completed the race in 55 mins....yes we power walked some of it was it was just sooooooooooooo hot. My husband, daughter, dad, in laws, niece and friends were there to support me and watch me cross that finish line. It was just a buzz!

I'm so proud of myself as well as EVERYONE who took part in Race for life 2013. The money raised is going to an amazing cause and hopefully it will help make a giant leap forward to kicking cancers butt! 


No comments:

Post a Comment